• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to
7 p.m. Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church Campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet, C3 (Christ Centered Combat) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. We have a kids taekwondo class Saturday mornings at 10 a.m., and following at 11 a.m. there is a teen/adult combat hapkido class. Thursday evening is all ages. First two classes are free. Call 815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• “Catholic Central” – Web series by Family Theater Productions in Hollywood offers entertaining and authoritative answers to questions about Catholic thought, spirituality and practice. Visit www.FamilyTheater.org.
• Choir members wanted – For Mokena United Methodist Church. Choir practice is at 7:30 p.m., Mokena UMC, 10901 W. LaPorte Road, Mokena. Attend weekly practices Wednesdays and sing at the 10:15 a.m. Sunday worship. Join anytime. Call the church office at 708-479-1110.
• Free mobile rosary app – Features a traditional rosary with soothing audio and text of each prayer. Each rosary can be dedicated to a cause or intention and shared on Facebook or Twitter so friends and family know you are praying for them. It also includes an inspirational prayer of the day. Available for download on iTunes and Google Play. For information, call 844-693-4201 or visit
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Hadassah Book Club – Meets at 7 p.m. monthly at a congregant’s home. For information, call 815-741-4600.
• Joliet Jewish Congregation’s Sisterhood gift shop – For hours of operation and information, call 815-741-4600.
• Musical opportunities at United Methodist Church of New Lenox – Vocal choirs, bell choirs or praise team. Children, teens and adults. Rehearsals are Wednesday or Thursday evenings. Call Mike Weirman about vocal and bell choirs and Tom Burns about the praise team at 815-485-8271.
• Pray with the Franciscan Friars – 8 a.m. (morning prayer) and 6:30 p.m. (evening prayer) Monday through Friday, St. John the Baptist friary, Joliet. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• Snow removal for seniors – The city of Joliet, working with Redeemed Connection Ministries, will offer a program to assist with residential snow removal for Joliet senior citizens age 65 and older and Joliet residents with disabilities. For information, contact the Rev. Adrian Heath at Rev.Heath1@gmail.com or 815-582-0703.
• Galabration – Event is Feb. 3 at Bolingbrook Golf Club. Dinner, silent and live auctions, live music and dancing. Benefits St. Mary Immaculate Parish School. Tables of 10 available. For reservations, visit www.smischool.org. For information, email Galabration@smip.org.
• St. Mary Immaculate Parish to host trivia night – 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Jan. 20, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. $10 each. $70 for table of eight. Teams can be any size up to eight people. Bring your own food and beverages. Benefits teen summer mission trip to New Orleans. Register at www.smip.org/trivia.
• Theological Leadership Conference – Feb. 16 and 17, Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais. Hosted by the School of Theology and Christian Ministry. Keynote speaker: William Willimon, author, church leader and ministry professor. Presentations, breakout discussion groups, conversation and community meals. $59 before Jan. 15. $79 after Jan. 15. Student cost is $39. For information, contact Carlos Lonberger, director of church relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-648-1463.
• “Who Will Fill These Shoes” – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Blanchette Catholic Center, 16555 Weber Road, Crest Hill. Speaker: the Rev. Burke Masters. Hosted by the Diocese of Joliet vocation office. All men, ages seventh grade and older. To register and for information, visit www.whowillfilltheseshoes.com.
• Lunch and Learn – Noon to
1:30 p.m.; also Jan. 11, Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Torah study. $5. RSVP at 815-741-4600. Visit www.jolietjewishcongregation.com.
• Wildside – 6 to 7:30 p.m. (seventh and eighth grade) and 7 to 8:30 p.m. (high school). Also Jan. 11, United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Food, fun and fellowship. Grades 3 to 6. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• “The Center” – 6:30 to 9 p.m.; also Jan. 11, First Presbyterian Church, 805 Western Ave., Joliet. Free food, games, hang time, music and inspirational talk for teens. For information, call
815-474-2569, email email@example.com or visit www.thecenterjoliet.org or Facebook.com/thecenterjoliet.
• Family night – 6:45 to 8 p.m.; also Jan. 11, Crystal Lawns Church of the Nazarene, 2424 Caton Farm Road, Joliet. For information, call 815-436-3380.
• Women’s Bible Study – 9:30 a.m.,
United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Fish fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Bingo – Doors open at 4 p.m. Cards begin at 6 p.m., St. Mary Nativity School, 702 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Friday evening services – 7 p.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. For information, visit
• First Saturday Devotion/Rosary – after 7:30 a.m. Mass, St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Pilgrimage – Traveling to the shrine of St. Maximilian Kolbe in Libertyville, Sacred Heart Monastery in Lisle and Our Lady of Czestochowa in Cicero. $35. Children younger than 15 are free. Breakfast is at 8:30 a.m. at the St. John the Baptist friary in Joliet. Leave at 9 a.m. Bring brown bag lunch. For information, call Brother Ed at 217-316-4335.
• First Saturday Devotion Prayers –
9 a.m., Church of St. Jude, 2212 McDonough St., Joliet. All welcome.
• Confession – 3:30 to 4:15 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call
• Fish fry – 4 to 8 p.m., Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• “Hallelujah” soup supper – 4 to
7 p.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. Cheesy potato and stuffed green pepper soups. $8 for ages 13 and older, $4 for ages 6 to 12, $2 for ages 3 to 5, free for age 2 and younger. Carryouts available. Proceeds benefit church building fund.
• “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” –
3 p.m., Cathedral of St. Raymond, 604 N. Raynor Ave., Joliet. The cathedral choir will sing carols and choral music under the direction of James Grzadzinski, director of music, assisted by Richard Siegel, associate organist. Music by Handel, Saint-Saëns, Willcocks, Sowerby, Chenoweth, Hoover, Rutter, Nestor and Siegel. Includes “Across the Hills.” Part of Cathedral Music Series. Free-will offering benefits the sacred music program. For information, contact the music office at 815-722-6653, ext. 222, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.straymond.net.
• Epiphany/Three Kings Day Hymn Festival & Fiesta – 6 p.m., First and Santa Cruz Lutheran Church, 55 W. Benton St. at Ottawa St., Joliet. Guest musician Carlo Isabelli on trumpet will lead the evening prayer hymns.
• Experience Youth Group – Worship is at 9 a.m. Discussion is from 10 to
10:45 a.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. Meet in narthex. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Rosary for the Holy Souls in Purgatory – 9:40 a.m., St. Mary Nativity Church, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet.
• Sunday School – 10 a.m., Joliet Jewish Congregation, 250 N. Midland Ave., Joliet. Call 815-741-4600 or visit
• Healing Prayer Service – 1:30 p.m., St. Mary Immaculate Parish, 15629 S. Route 59, Plainfield. For information, call 815-436-2651.
• Chapel Bible study – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church of New Lenox, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. New members encouraged. For topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Michael Johnston’s Bible Study Group – 7 p.m., United Methodist Church, 339 W. Haven Ave., New Lenox. For current topic and information, call 815-485-8271.
• Bible study – 9:30 a.m., St. Mary Nativity, Nativity Room, 706 N. Broadway St., Joliet. Book of Genesis. For information, call Denise Adelmann at 815-838-0337.
• DivorceCare – 6:30 p.m., United Methodist Church, New Lenox. For those going through or struggling with divorce. This is a Bible-based support group that uses both videos and discussion. For information, call 815-485-8271.
• Confession – 3 to 4 p.m. and
7:30 p.m., St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 710 W. Marion St., Joliet. For information, call 815-727-4746.
• AWANA – 6:15 p.m., Parker Road Bible Church, 18512 Parker Road, Mokena. Kids learn Bible verses, sing songs and play games. For information, call 708-463-1125.