• Affordable pet vaccines – 5 to 8 p.m., 2 Paws 4 U Pet Bakery, 1736 Essington Road, Suite C, Joliet. No appointment necessary. For information, visit www.spayillinois.org.
• “A Salamander Tale” – Exhibit hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays, Forest Preserve District of Will County’s Plum Creek Nature Center near Beecher. The free exhibit will run through May 31. It includes salamander-shaped furniture displaying text and graphics, a video game guiding a virtual salamander through a river environment and lifelike dioramas of different salamander species. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.
• Affordable Pet Vaccines: 5 to 8 p.m., Karen’s Grooming and Boarding, 309 Republic Ave., Joliet. For information, call 630-961-8000 or visit www.spayillinois.org.
• Learning to Love Walking With Your Dog – 6 to 7 p.m., Blackbird's Bowl, Natural Pet Foods & More, 221 Liberty St, Morris. Presenter: Bone-ifide Care's Bonnie Latta. Training tips, free treat samples and a walk in Morris. $2. Registration preferred. To RSVP or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 815-941-9311
• “Lake Renwick Bird Viewing” – 8 a.m. to noon, Plainfield. Volunteers and staff at viewing platform and visitor center to answer questions. Spotting scopes and limited number of loaner binoculars are available. Bringing your own binoculars or spotting scope is recommended. Park in the Renwick Road lot. No dogs or bicycles. Free. All ages. Registration not required. For information, visit ReconnectWithNature.org.