• Mayhem Manor Escape Room – By appointment only through May 5, Volz Fieldhouse, Dellwood Park, Lockport. $25 per person, by appointment only. For more information, email email@example.com. Register at Hauntpay.com For more information about the park district, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• "Spirit of Christmas" – Commercial-free holiday music 24 hours a day from Thanksgiving through Jan. 2. Presented by WCSF 88.7 FM, the student-run radio station at the University of St. Francis. Classics, current hits and children’s songs will be featured. Listeners may call in requests at selected times. Live stream at listen.streamon.fm/wcsf. For information, call 815-740-3697.
• Tune into WLRA-FM for holiday music 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from Thanksgiving Day through Jan. 1. Listeners can tune in via radio at 88.1 FM, online at www.lewisu.edu/wlra, the apps iTunes and Google Play and iHeartRadio. Programming features sacred, traditional, contemporary and new hits Instead of commercials, WLRA will air brief public service announcements about United Way agencies in Will County.
• Winter Break – Dec. 21 through Jan. 5, Fountaindale Public Library District, 300 W. Briarcliff Road, Bolingbrook. Each day will offer a scavenger hunt from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., a craft or special activity from 1 to 4 p.m. and a Disney movie. Select days will feature additional special events for families to enjoy. All events are free of charge and do not require registration unless otherwise stated. For more information and a complete list of winter break events, visit fountaindale.org/winterbreak or call 630-759-2102 or visit fountaindale.org.
• Nothing Bundt Cakes Orland Park fundraiser – 7 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Dec. 21 outside the Silver Cross Hospital’s Seasons Dining Room, 1900 Silver Cross Blvd., New Lenox. Bundtlets for $5 each, Bundtlet 3-Tier Tower gift wrapped in cellophane for $18, a dozen Bundtinis for $22, and White Chocolate Popcorn at a cost of $8 per bag – tax included. The Bundlet Towers include peppermint chocolate chip, red velvet, and confetti. Purchase four bundtlets and receive a free cooler bag. Cash and credit/debit cards accepted. For information, call 815-300-7105 or visit www.silvercross.org.
• Painter's Group – 8 a.m. to noon; also Dec. 28, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Dec. 28, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m.; also Dec. 28, United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Festival of Lights Light Show – The Promenade Bolingbrook, 631 E Boughton Road, Bolingbrook. 250,000 LED lights twinkle, sparkle and dance to more than 20 different holiday songs! The show will play nightly on the hour 5 p.m., 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m., and 9 pm. The 60-tree sits in the round-a-bout in the middle of the shopping mall. The last show will be Dec. 31. For more information, visit www.shoppingpromenade.com.
• "The Polar Express" – 5 p.m., Life Church, 118 E. Jefferson St., Morris. $5. Purchase at polarexpressmorris.eventbrite.com.
• Kids Movie Night – 6 to 8 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W. Eames, Channahon. Craft, game, movie, popcorn and refreshments. Free. Grades six to 12. To register, call 815-467-5275 or visit www.channahonumc.org.
• Family Laser Tag – 6:30 to 7:15 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Ages 5 and up. A waiver must be signed with a parent/guardian each calendar year. Call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• "A Very Grinch Christmas" – 7 to 8:30 p.m. Greater Joliet Area YMCA 749 Houbolt Road Joliet. Crafts, activities, photos with the Grinch. For information, visit www.jolietymca.org.
• Laser Tag – 7:30 to 8:15 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W Channon Drive, Channahon. Grades five through 12. For more information, call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Christmas Acoustic Thing – 8 p.m., Carson Tap House, 823 Liberty St. Morris. Todd & Connie (Todd Beebe and his wife Connie) will play acoustic music and Christmas songs from the 1950s to the present. For information, visit toddbeebemusic.com.
• Sensory Story Time with Santa! – 10:30 to 11 a.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St, Mokena. Special emphasis on repetition, interactive activities and sensory play. Children should come with a caregiver or parent for a variety of stories, music and movement. After Santa is finished reading, guests will have cookies and make a craft. Bring own camera for photos with Santa. All ages are welcome.To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit the events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org
• Bowling with Santa – Noon to 5 p.m., Crest Hill Lanes, 905 Theodore St., Crest Hill. For information, call 815-701-3494.
• The Convertibles Christmas Show – 1 to 2 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. A cappella music of the Convertibles, a quartet. 1950s and 1960s music, plus a few jokes. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit the events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org.
• Kris Kringer at Santa's House – 5 to 7 p.m., 111 E. Washington St., Morris. Free. Morris Lions Club is accepting donations. Cookies and hot chocolate will be served. Pictures will be taken with Santa Claus. Kids of all ages are welcome. Christmas music, warming fires, fellowship.
• "One Starry Night A Savior is Born" – 9 a.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E. McArdle Road, Coal City. Interactive journey through Bethlehem for families. For information, call 815-634-8670 or visit www.coalcityum.org.
• Breakfast with Santa – 10 a.m. to noon, Southern Belle's Minooka, 106 Ridge Road, Minooka. Hosted by Santa Services. For information, call the restaurant at 815-467-0400 or visit www.southernbellespancakes.com. Or contact Santa Services at 815-701-3494 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• "A Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols" – 1 p.m ., St. Paul the Apostle Parish, 18 Woodlawn Ave., Joliet. Choral music, scripture readings. Performers include parish choir, school chamber choir, readers from St. Paul's church and school and area instrumentalists. For more information, contact Lydia Saldanha at email@example.com or 815-725-1527, ext. 202.
• Acoustic Performance – 1 to 3 p.m., Clayton's Tap, 122 W. Washington St., Morris. Emily Hough will perform. For information, call 815-942-3811 or visit www.claytonstap.com.
• Live Nativity Service – 4 p.m., St. Edward's and Christ Church's Christ Campus, 2800 Grove Road, Joliet, five miles south east of Yorkville. Theme: "He Was Born in A Manger; Come Worship Him in A Barn". Candlelit service with live creche featuring congregation members and live farm animals including sheep, goats, and a donkey. Come early, bring folding chairs. For information, call 815-725-6800.
• Critters Classes registration deadline – Event is 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Jan. 8 through Jan. 29, Program Center, 10925 La Porte Road, Mokena. Classes taught by Crosstown Exotics. No open toed shoes. Ages 6 to 12. After Dec. 25 extra fees apply. For registration and information, call 708-390-2401 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• LEGO Club – 4 to 5 p.m., White Oak Public Library District, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. LEGOS supplied. Ages 5 and up. For information, contact Lorri Luzbetak at 815- 886-2030 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Free Harmonica Group – 11 to 11:30 a.m., Diagnostic & Rehabilitative Center, Morris Hospital, 100 W. Gore Road, Morris. For individuals with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, emphysema, bronchitis and pulmonary fibrosis. Prior harmonica playing experience is not required. Light snacks provided. For information, call 815-705-7837.
• Woodworking Club – 1 to 3 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• C3 Martial Arts Classes – 6 to 7 p.m. Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, Judson Memorial Church Campus, 2800 Black Road, Joliet, Christ Centered Combat (C3) is a martial arts, self-defense class for those ages 7 and older. First two classes are free. Call
815-342-3538 or visit www.fbcjoliet.org.
• Pokeman League – 6 to 7 p.m., White Oak Public Library District, 121 E 8th St., Lockport. All skill levels. Ages 8 and up. For information, contact Maisie Iven at 815-552-4260 or email@example.com or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Romeoville Art Society Monthly Meeting – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Creative Arts Center at Highpoint, 174 S. Highpoint Dr., Room 109, Romeoville. For more information, email Info@romeovilleartsociety.org or call 224-216-2447.
• Trivia Night – 6:30 to 8 p.m., White Oak Library District, 20670 Len Kubinski Dr, Crest Hill. Age 21 and up. For information, email Amy Byrne at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Jazz Performance – 7 to 9 p.m., Montage Wine Bar & Spirits, 307 Liberty St. Morris. Along with "Jazz with Roy Backus & Friends, enjoy wine and small plate menu. For information, call 815-941-1006 or visit www.montagewinebar.com.
· “Stories in the Snow" registration deadline – Event is 10:30 a.m.to noon, Dec. 29, Isle a la Cache Museum, 501 E. Romeo Road, Romeoville. Hunt for clues, including animal tracks in the snow, to figure out where animals go in the winter. The program will involve a story, craft and a short hike. This free outdoor program will be held with or without snow and is for ages 5 and younger. Register at ReconnectWithNature.org or call 815-886-1467.
• Quilting Bee's - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Channahon United Methodist Church, 24751 W Eames St., Channahon. For more information, call the church office at 815-467-5275.
• Make N' Take Craft – 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave. Minooka. Drop-in, Supplies provided. All ages. Registration not required. For information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• “Dating Over 50: Have Fun - Be Safe” – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., White Oak Library, 201 W. Normantown Road, Romeoville. Six-month series on last Friday of the month. Tips on dating, dating apps and safety tips presented while enjoying a glass of wine (or coffee) and conversation. Group will continue the conversation at a local restaurant following the event. For more information, call 815-552-4247 or email email@example.com.