• Painter's Group – 8 a.m. to noon; also Jan. 18, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or 815-723-9713.
• Line Dancing: Advanced – 10 to 11:30 a.m.; also Jan. 18, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. Experienced dancer session. No partner required. Visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Morris Watercolor Guild – 1 to 3 p.m.; also Jan. 11, United Methodist Church, 118 W. Jackson St., Morris. Meets Friday afternoons. Monthly workshops. Occasional field trips. New members welcome. Call Kathy Skoza at 815-685-1046.
• Race to the Nether – 4 to 5 p.m., Shorewood-Troy Public Library, 650 Deerwood Drive, Shorewood. Race friends to the Nether and try to be the last Minecrafter standing. Basic Minecraft PC skills required. Grades three to five. For more information, call 815-725-1715 or visit www.shorewoodtroylibrary.org.
• DIY Friday T-shirt pillows – 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 25207 W. Channon Drive, Channahon. No sewing needed. Supplies to make pillows provided. Attendees must bring their own shirt to make the cover. Shirts with patterns or graphics recommended. Shirt size will affect pillow size. Open to grades five to 12. Registration required. Call 815-467-6200 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Teen After Hours – 4:45 p.m., White Oak Library, 201 Normantown Road, Romeoville. Play video games and and hang out. Pizza and snacks included. Grades six to 12. Contact Cindy Shutts at 815-886-2030 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.whiteoaklibrary.org.
• Pep Band Alumni Night – 5 to 10 p.m., Morris High School Band, 1000 Union St. Morris. All alumni (young and old!) to come play with the MCHS band in the stands at this home basketball game. the girls play at 5:30 p.m. and the boys play at 7:30 p.m. Play at one or both games. Bring your own instrument. Music provided. For more information, call 815-941-5306
• Flashback Fitness – 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., REAP Fitness, 24461 W. Eames St., Channahon. Intense step aerobics class and yoga. 90s attire encouraged. After party with wine, beer and snacks. $35. Schedule on the schedulicity app.
• I Have An Oil For That – 7 to 9 p.m., Trinity Wellness and Education, 410 East 4th St. Coal City. With decks of "problem" and "help" cards attendees can learn how to use oils. Drinks provided. Bring healthy snacks to share. Tickets are $6.77. Register on Eventbrite.
• Irish Dance registration – Mondays, Jan. 14 to March 11, Program Center, 10925 W. La Porte Road, Mokena. Boys and girls ages 4 to 12. For more information, call Mokena Park District at 708-390-2401 or visit www.mokenapark.com.
• Will/Grundy Genealogical Society – 10 a.m., Coal City Public Library, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City. Open to the public. Refreshments. For more information, contact Dana Abraham at 634-4552 ext. 113 or email@example.com or visit www.wggs.org.
• Winter on the Green: Ice Fest – Noon to 2 p.m., Breidert Green, Downtown Frankfort. Ice sculpting demonstration, heated trolley rides, cookies and hot cocoa by the fire. For more information, visit www.villageoffrankfort.com/calendar.
• The Music of Bob Hartwell – 1 to 2 p.m., Mokena Community Public Library District, 11327 W 195th St., Mokena. Melodic ballads to aggressive alternative/hard rock. Free. To register, call 708-479-9663 or visit the events calendar at www.mokenalibrary.org.
• DJ and Karaoke Night – 9 p.m., Goose Lake Bar, 3935 Goose Lake Road, Morris. Big D is hosting the event. For more information, call XL2 DJ and Photobooth Entertainment at 815-694-0101.
• Build It – 2 to 4 p.m., Three Rivers Public Library District, 109 Wabena Ave., Minooka.
Drop-in to play with building today. All ages. Children younger than age 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Free. For information, call 815-467-1600 or visit www.trpld.org.
• Hey, Uke! – 2 to 4 p.m., Fine Tunes Center for the Arts, 25307 W Eames St., Channahon
Ukelele jam sessions. Bring own ukulele, pics, sheet music, music stand. Song list and more information on Facebook at Hey, Uke! Fine Tunes Session.
• Woodworking Club – 9 to noon., also 1 to 3 p..; also Thursday, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Golden Agers – Noon to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Play cards and dice. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Crochet/Knitting Group – 1 to 4 p.m., Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N Center St., Joliet. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Lockport Swing Thing – 6 to 9 p.m. One-hour lesson followed by open dance. Free, family-friendly. May dance or watch. For more information, visit www.thelockportswingthing.org
• Midwest Crossroad Chorus of Sweet Adelines International – 7 p.m., Trinity Christian School, 901 Shorewood Drive, Shorewood. Call 866-588-7464 or visit
• Ricky Lindy & The Wild Ones – 11:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., Prairie Bluff Golf Club, Lockport. Fee includes a three-course plated lunch with choice of entrée. To register and for more information, call 815-838-3621, ext. 0.or visit www.lockportpark.org.
• Throw Blanket Class – 6 p.m., Coal City Public Library District, 85 N. Garfield St., Coal City
Hand-knit a chunky chenille throw blanket. Select a color option (black, gray, pale gray, sky blue, teal, and vintage white) when registering. Grades six to 12. Contact Danielle Diamond at 815-634-4552 ext. 112 or Danielle@ccpld.org
• WriteOn Joliet – 6 to 8:30 p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Critique group. Guests, new members and all genres welcome. For more information, visit www.writeonjoliet.com.
• Yoga and Wine – 7 to 10 p.m., Chapins, 502 Twin Rail Drive, Minooka. Enjoy appetizers and wine after the yoga. $25. Purchase at Eventbrite.com.
• Pajama Party — 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Coal City United Methodist Church, 6805 E McArdle Road, Coal City. Pajamas or cozy clothes are strongly encouraged. Pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals welcomed. Concessions served throughout the film and movie viewing while you snack. Free. For information, call 815-634-8670 or visit www.coalcityum.org.
• Todd Beebe & 3rd Degree – 8 p.m., Carson Tap House, 823 Liberty St., Morris,
Rock, blues and acoustic originals, from the 1950s to the present. For more information, visit toddbeebemusic.com.