• Holiday Food Basket for December Holiday – The Will County Center for Community Concerns will be providing Holiday Food Baskets for 125 income eligible families with children 16 years of age and under and who are not receiving a food basket from another agency. Basket includes food for a holiday meal and a new coat, hat and mittens for each child in the household. Sign-up begins Oct.1. Call 815- 722-0722.
• Thanksgiving Food Drive – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to noon Saturdays. Molloy Agency, 816 West Laraway Road, New Lenox.
• Veterans Day Complimentary Meal – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Texas Roadhouse, 3151 Tonti Drive, Joliet. All veterans can choose one of 10 entrees. For more information, visit texasroadhouse.com.
• Nutrition Lunch – 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; also Nov. 18, Senior Services of Will County Main Office, 251 N. Center St., Joliet. Nutrition lunch program provided by Meals on Wheels Nutrition Department of Will County. Available every Monday. For information, visit willcountyseniors.org/events or call 815-723-9713.
• Carb Counting Class – 3 to 4 p.m., Morris Hospital, Education Room 1, 150 High St., Morris. Taught by a registered dietitian. Register at morrishospital.org or call 815-705-7527.
• Trivia Night at Beggars Pizza – 7 to 9 p.m., Beggars Pizza, 650 Maple St., New Lenox. Enjoy pizza and drinks and answer questions on a multitude of topics. Form a powerhouse team or come alone and join a group. Call 815-485-2605 or visit newlenoxlibrary.org.
• You Can Brew It – 6 to 8 p.m., Morris Area Public Library, 604 Liberty St., Morris. Award-winning home brewer Scott Pointon at midnightbrewingcompany.com will discuss the equipment, ingredients, brewing process and resources available to would-be brew masters.Call 815-942-6880 or visit morrislibrary.com.
• Cake Pop Decorating –6: to 7:p.m., Joliet Public Library, 3395 Black Road, Joliet. Ages 5 to 12 or 10 to 18. Call 815-846-6500 or visit jolietlibrary.org.
• Fish Fry – 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.; also 4 to 8 p.m. Saturdays, Knights of Columbus Council 4400, 1813 E. Cass St., Joliet. Fish, chicken and shrimp. Carryout. Call 815-723-3827.
• Fish Fry – 4 to 7:30 p.m., Croatian Cultural Club, 1503 Clement St., Joliet. Baked or fried cod, shrimp, catfish or chicken breast served with tossed salad, French fries or parsley potatoes along with bread and butter. Carryout available. Music starts 7:30 p.m. Call 815-723-3154.
• Fish Fry – 5 p.m., Harry E. Anderson VFW Post 9545, 323 Old Hickory Road, New Lenox. Call 815-485-8369 or visit vfwpost9545.org.
• Cheese 101 – 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.,New Lenox Public Library, 120 Veterans Pkwy, New Lenox, Taste and learn about traditional cheese styles, milk types and basic flavor profiles. Presenter: certified cheese professional Meredith Meder. Call 815-485-2605 or visit newlenoxlibrary.org.
• Veterans Appreciation Luncheon – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., New Hope Presbyterian Church, 80 N. Garfield St., Coal City. RSVP at the Coal City Public Library (across the street) or at cpld.org. For information, contact Dana Abraham at 815-634-4552 ext. 113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pop-Tarts Taste Test Challenge – 7 to 7 p.m., Plainfield Public Library District, 15025 S. Illinois St. Plainfield. Grades six to 12. Call 815-436-6639 or visit plainfieldpubliclibrary.org.